Monday, September 28, 2015

The Most Beautiful Piece of Art

What constitutes the upper echelon of fine art?


I’ve thought for a good while about what I consider to be the most beautiful piece of art ever created. There are masters out there who have created absolute classics from Michelangelo to Picasso, Caravaggio to Dali, Rembrandt to De Kooning, Da Vinci to Warhol who have all done spectacular work. But after all of my musings, I've come to realize what is the most beautiful piece of art to me.



A blank sheet of paper. 



                          But there’s no art on a blank sheet of paper. Why am I saying this?


To me, that blank sheet of paper represents unlimited potential of art. Whenever I look at a blank sheet, I am excited because it can literally reflect anything that’s in the mind of the artist. Realistic or abstract, Current topics or classic subjects, nothing is off limits. It hasn’t been tainted, smeared or interpreted. It’s just there waiting. And if it doesn't turn out how you planned, there's always another sheet of blank paper there for you.

This doesn’t just apply to art but also to people. In one way or another, I would like to believe that we are all blank sheets. Regardless of where we are in life, we have the opportunity to create our own ‘blank sheet’.

There have been times where I have thought that my age is going to be a hindrance to the things that I want to accomplish. That ‘blank sheet’ thinking was put into effect for Lucille Ball, Colonel Sanders, Diamond Dallas Page and many others. Age wasn't going to stop them and won't stop me either. That blank sheet was still available to them.



What a blessed thing it is to have a blank sheet, no matter the year, time or place.

***

Adrian “Asia” Petty is an independent comic book publisher and director at Jericho Projects, Inc. Find out more about our books at http://www.jerichoprojects.com and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/jerichoprojects

No comments:

Post a Comment